Friday, February 4, 2011

Big game Andy Pettitte calls it quits

A sad moment for Yankees fans today as Andy Pettitte calls it quits, saying he will no longer pitch. The press conference seen on the YES Network today, allowed Pettitte to remark on his career. Here are some of the things that Pettitte had to say.

  • “When I left Arlington Stadium at the end of last year, I thought that I was done.”
  • “I’m ready to pitch in Spring Training. My arm feels great. My body feels great...but my heart’s not where I need it to be.”
  • Pettitte told Cashman on Jan. 9 that he would “seriously start considering” pitching again. He did nothing before that.
  •  “A lot of this started last year when I hurt myself.” referring to last season when he hurt is groin in July.
  • “Never say never” on the prospect of pitching in 2012.
  • “has not had any effect, I mean zero, on my decision. I would never let that interfere with a life decision.” talking about the Roger Clemens trial.
  • “I’ve never considered myself a Hall of Famer.”
  • Pettitte on the Yanks not getting Cliff Lee. “When they didn’t get him, I felt a huge obligation...That’s why I started working out. I felt I owed it to this team.”

Thanks for all the memories Andy, the term "true Yankee" is often thrown around, but when you look at Andy Pettitte,you realize he is a true Yankee.

No comments:

Post a Comment