Monday, November 15, 2010

Yankees Raise 2011 ticket prices

The cheapest non obstructed seat at Yankee Stadium will now be $15. With the poor economy, many teams are cutting ticket prices but the Yankees are not. Today it was announced that the Yankees will increase six categories, including the bleachers, main level and field level. It was first reported on the LoHud blog here , but then Lonn Trost confirmed it on Mike'D up. Trost claimed that the reason the Yankees increased the prices is because they studied the secondary market and realized many of the seats were being sold for an increase. The entire Trost interview can be heard here.  The Yankees have already changed the prices on the its website seating chart.

I will say that I still plan to renew my seats, and will actually attempt to upgrade my seats to a weekend plan. But it stinks that the Yanks have upped the bleacher seats, although the price is still fair and a great deal. I am befuddled as to why the Yanks would ever increase the seats on the lower level, as it is already the seats are empty and I don't care that Trost attempts to tell me that the seats have been sold, I don't believe that. I do believe that many fans do walk around and get out of their seats.

I will continue to follow the situation throughout the off season, and update my site as soon as any other ticket news it out.

1 comment: