Sunday, October 3, 2010

Yankees win the Wild Card

The Rays and Yankees seemed to wanting the other team to win the division, both teams losing at an alarming pace for teams that had been so good during the regular season. When the Yankees lost the last two games against the Red Sox it was a done deal that they would indeed be the Wild Card champions.

This brings me to the fact that the while the Rays popped corks in Kansas City as AL East champs, the Yankees did not celebrate winning the wild card, and why would they? The Yanks goal was to win the east and then go ahead and win # 28. To some the wild card could be looked at as a disappointment for the Yanks, but they gave the Rays so many opportunity's in September.

The Yanks will now head to Minnesota to face the Twins. The bombers have beaten the Twins in the ALDS in 2003, 2004 and 2009, but this season it will not be as easy. I will have a playoff preview sometime in the next few days.

The last thing about this wild card stuff, why on earth do they bother to print up wild card champion shirts? I mean I could understand if it was the Pirates or Royals that just made the postseason and they want to celebrate making it, but when your the Yankees their is no need to celebrate the fact that they came in second place. In fact I would be ashamed of any Yankees fan that goes out and gets wild card champions shirt, unless they find it on the discount rack. Although I must admit that I do like the design, but I intend on getting a World Series Champions shirt like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment