Friday, April 29, 2011

Yankee Stadium Expierences: Yankees vs White Sox 4/28/2011

$20 for parking near Yankee Stadium!
Rain was in the forecast, but that couldn't stop me from going to the first game in close to a month. In fact this was the first game in my plan I was going to all season, since I sold off the other games. After exiting the Major Deegan via exit 4, my friend and I found parking for $20. The lot is a pretty far walk from Yankee Stadium, but it beats paying the extra $15 and is close to the Gateway center which charges $30.

As the promotion they were giving away grass seed, the irony was that across the street where the old Yankee Stadium once stood, grass was being put down. Its a strange yet nice site to the old stadium that way, I just keep reminding myself that it's better that its turned into a park than them making its a parking lot.

Tough to see, but grass is back on
the old Yankee Stadium site.
After arriving inside the new structure I checked out what was new, the answer is nothing really. At gate two they were having some sort of group outing, and part of the area was roped off, their was no batting practice and the tarp was on the field, so instead it was time to indulge in nachos from Wholly Guacamole.

Eduardo Nunez started at shortstop instead of Jeter, he made a pair of errors in the night and my new name for him is now Error Nunez, but let it be known I like him much better then Ramiro Pena.

The game itself was exactly what you want to see as a Yankee fan. CC Sabathia was dealing and the Yanks bats came alive without Jeter or Tex. Surprisingly the crowd looked pretty good from section 235, sure their were some empty sections but nothing that would make me think that it would be the lowest attended game in new stadiums history (40,081).

The sky looked really cool after it a quick shower.
But the stupid metal side was in the way.
The game eventually turned into a blowout and some dummy's began to do the wave, I don't care that it is 8-0, I still hate it. After that the most exciting then was the Yankees scoring a few more runs and some kid accidentally tossed a Yankees hulk hand over the upper deck and it landed a few rows in front of me.

Final score: Yankees 12 White Sox 3

No comments:

Post a Comment