Thursday, September 2, 2010

Yankee Stadium Experience 9/1/2010 A's vs Yanks

It was the first day of September but it still felt like August. It was a hot,humid night and I was heading to see the Yankees face the A's.

I parked at the River Ave garage, and walked right out and went across the street to gate 8. Gate 8 is by far the quickest entrance into Yankee Stadium, even for big event like the Red Sox or Mets the lines are much shorter.

The tickets I had for the game were in section 305, I had purchased them with one of the five dollar coupons that they give out to season ticket holders. Once I got to the seats I realized it was the same section that Russell Branyan of the Mariners had hit a home run into a few Saturdays ago. When your up that high and your looking at home plate it makes you appreciate how far the ball really went.

Of course my bad luck, my seats were in the middle of a row and people kept getting up and down the entire night. I understand if people need to use the rest room or get food but it gets ridiculous after a while. The other thing was that one of the seats that belonged to myself and my guest had gum on it. I had to make sure that a bad was placed over the gum to prevent it from being on my jersey.
Oh also a quick tip on food, I have noticed that although the selection is not as good, the further towards the "wings" of the upper deck you go the shorter the food lines are. I would assume the same applies for restrooms.

Otherwise the game was alright, A.J Burnett actually pitched well this year when I went to see him and Mark Teixiera and his thumb seems fine since he drove in three of the four Yankees runs. In the Terrace section it should be noted that unlike the Grandstand their is no breeze at all.

The attendance was a tad smaller then most games this season, just creeping over 45,000 (45,222) and the crowd seemed out of it for most of the night. The biggest cheers at one point seemed to be for the wave that made it around the upper deck, but that all changed once the great Mariano Rivera came in.

One last thing some idiot in my section was wear a shirt that said "A-Hole" with the number 13. The guy was also wearing an A's hat so it was obvious who he was rooting for and who he was against. But it made my night that people kept yelling at him and giving him crap about the shirt (although they kept it fairly clean). Although I never appreciate fans of the opposing team, I would rather they wear their own teams stuff then wear a shirt bashing the Yankees. When you do that anything that happens to you during the game is your own fault.

The Yankees won 4-3 but the Rays and Red Sox also won. So the Yankees still have just a one game lead over the Rays. Next game for myself will be Monday September 6th vs the Orioles.

No comments:

Post a Comment